This is an easy favorite on my meatless recipe list. The mushrooms give it a meaty feel and the garlic and oil make it feel indulgent even though it’s actually very low in fat. Since I usually have these ingredients in the fridge and pantry, it’s a no-brainer on nights that call for a quick, easy meal. Sometimes I’ll switch it up by adding grilled chicken. Here’s the recipe…
- 12 oz. Thin Egg Noodles
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, Finely Chopped
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 12 oz. Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp. Parsley
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Begin cooking pasta, according to package instructions.
- Heat EVOO in a skillet, over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook for one minute.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, soy sauce and cook one additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add chicken broth. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to mushroom mixture, before draining the pasta.
- Mix pasta with mushrooms and sprinkle with Herbs and Parmesan, as desired.